As a parent, you are responsible for shaping your child in conjunction with his or her personality.
We teach them that bath time is a way to winddown at the end of the day. Yet, as adults, we turn bathing into the way to begin our day.
We teach them to appreciate nature and to notice the sounds of the world. Yet, as adults, we ignore the crickets, the dogs, and the rustling of leaves.
We teach them to sleep on their own. Such a big struggle, because it is so easy to crave cuddles. So to replace the parent cuddles, we pass off a stuffed animal or a blankie. Many people are unable to give up that security object for years. I know I still slept with a stuffed animal in college....and don't think I am weird, because I was not the only one. I only gave it up when I married -- when I could cuddle with Richard. I know when I wake in the night, I fall asleep much easier when I snuggle into my husband.
So why all the importance of sleeping on your own? In your own bed? If we are all striving to sleep with someone as adults? In the big scheme of things, does it matter if our kids want to cuddle with us, or be held while they sleep?
Before long, I will miss these days.
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
2 comments:
I si wish Porter would cuddle or sleep with me...:( enjoy it!!
Cuddling is just like long, loving hugs. The more the merrier.
Post a Comment