A few weeks ago, I was reading (looking at the pictures) the latest issue of mommy magazine. There was a spread for fashion knockoffs for celebrity moms. I looked at photos of Jennifer Garner in her jeans and t-shirt, who still looked pulled together and realized I needed to stop wearing my husband's Army brown t-shirts. I was not going to pay 90 dollars for a t-shirt though...damn celebrities.
Nonetheless, realizing that your children are better dressed than you are is pretty sad. Sure, I love shopping. So why had I neglected myself? Being that I have been pregnant for the past two winters, I wanted to overhaul my wardrobe. Over the webcam, Rich asked me if I was wearing a new shirt -- nope, I was wearing a maternity shirt. Why am I still wearing maternity clothes?
Even the pajamas I have on now, I wore throughout both pregnancies. Wow. I really need to let go.
Lucky for me, my mom came to visit for a while and I went shopping. I was actually able to take my time and look, try things on and come home satisfied with my selections without being all stressed out! Thanks mom!
Hopefully, I will be able to make due with what I have until next go around.
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
3 comments:
I can so relate. I think the last time I really did shopping for myself was during Pat's last deployment. Ryan is much better dressed than I am. T-shirts are basically all I wear these days. I need to go shopping, but things just haven't caught my eye yet. I'm sure your new clothes are super cute!
Look Good = Feel Good = Look Good ......
I hope to see some of the clothes in pictures. And that you keep shopping.
Wow, I'm loving your husband's last comment! I saw that article too. I like J.G. the best but I liked Halle's boots too, well her whole thing but it would look different on me. I'm desperately trying to fill out my winter closet. Spring and summer is fine but winter stuff is either too cold or warm.
Post a Comment