The kids were a little young to understand the value of the gift, but they enjoyed it none the less.
The book has built-in technology to record and playback the voice of the reader's voice. As each page is turned, the book recognizes the page and plays the story in the recorded voice.
The book was read over and over last Christmas, then packed away in the attic after the holidays were over.
When putting up our holiday decor, this gift was pulled out of the Christmas boxes as well. The book survived the long summer in the attic without damage to the recording.
I sat down and listened to my mother read "The Night Before Christmas" to me with tears streaming.
I cannot express how special this gift was and still is to our family.
I am unable to sit with the kids and listen to it without tearing up. They still request it every night.
They both believe it is super cool to have Grammy's voice read to them even though she isn't with us any longer.
I am grateful that my mom shared such a wonderful gift with us that will be held close to my heart for the rest of all my years.
This would be a great gift from any grandparent.
I think it would be especially wonderful from a parent who serves in the military. With sporatic training schedules and consistent deployments, this would be a special treasure to the child who is missing their loved one.
Hallmark also has stories that are classics and not Christmas related, so it would be more appropriate to read all year! Go here to browse their whole selection of storybooks.
I highly recommend the Recordable Storybook as a gift this Christmas!
You won't regret your purchase!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you posted this because I've been planning on buying one of these books for Pat to record during R & R that the boys can use the rest of the year he is gone. I have a coupon ready to be used and I have been forgetting. Thank for the reminder.
And I think that is so special for your kids to have have their Grammy's voice reading to them...what a gift that was!
I am so glad you have this book from your mom!!!!! Can you back it up or make a duplicate copy, so you have it "just in case" something happens to the original?
Xoxo.
Wow, Devon! What an amazing gift from your mother. Thank you for sharing, you touched my heart. I'm going to suggest this idea to my parents! What a treasure for your family.
Post a Comment