First, don't judge. I do like to read trashy mind candy books every once in a while.
Second, I picked it up for $3 at my favorite discount store - the title was too intriguing to not buy!
As you can guess from the very explicit title, the main premise of the book is for a {divorced} woman to revisit the {long list of} men she did not marry.
Although the book was not intended to be discussed in book clubs, as it isn't really thought provoking, I found myself with many thoughts.....not on the book, but on the men I didn't marry.
Most people never discuss this unless something tragic - like a divorce - would make them revisit the men who could have been their soul mate. Otherwise, if their ex-husband had been their soul mate, how did their marriage go sour?
However, reading this book sent me back down memory lane with the flames who used to make my heart go pitter-pat. Doing so comforted me with all the many reasons why my husband is my one and only.
I dated smart guys....funny guys....caring guys...athletic guys...tough guys...sensitive guys...
There were guys who offered empty promises.
There were guys who offered promise rings (seriously, people - I turned it down!)
There were guys who were too full of pride to offer either.
I may easily say that my husband is the best of all the guys I ever dated in one compact being.
Plus a little extra for good measure...
My husband and I are waking up to 6 years of married bliss (24Aug is our 6th anniversary!) - and I am still quite amazed at how everything worked itself out, falling into place.
I am very blessed to have him as my partner in crime life. And I am very blessed to have shared the last six years with the one who is the man I did marry.
I couldn't have asked for anything more!

4 comments:
As a newlywed, this was a wonderful post and so sweet! Wishing you many more happy years of marriage, and given how intense the last few have been - uneventful! : )
I love your honesty! Congrats to you and Rich for celebrating 6 years of marriage. =)
Congratulations on 6 wonderful years of marriage. Happy Anniversary!
I think I might see if that is available on Kindle. I know it's strange, but the other day I was thinking about where my life would be if I had settled down with the first guy I thought I might want to settle down with. Not a pretty picture!
And I'm with you on promise rings - non commital!
Post a Comment