On Saturday, we traveled to a nearby Orchard that has Strawberries in the May-June season.
I packed my camera.
I dressed my Mere in ared and white plaid dress with strawberries embroidered on the front I bought last summer on clearance for this summer.
We traveled the 45 minutes from our home, with the kids super excited to pick strawberries right of the vine.
I took 100 photos of our adventure.
I took at least 75 AMAZING photos of our adventure.
I know because I looked at them on the camera when driving home.
I looked at them again on my husband's laptop that evening.
I had photos of Mere pointing at strawberries....
Mere shoving a HUGE strawberry in her mouth...
Lucas with his little pint basket FULL of juicy, red goodness.
A photo of both the kids prancing around the strawberry rows playing chase.
I had photos of the scenery....
The peach trees...
Unfortunately, I opted not to upload them to his computer because I wanted them on MY computer.
And when I stuck my disk in to upload on Sunday, there were no photos.
The files were supposedly corrupted!
I cried.
and cried.
and cried some more.
You may not understand, but maybe you do. You see how many photos I take.
I cherish these photos greatly.
Should my house ever be on fire, I am grabbing my computer, which happily stores all my photos.
(Okay, I do have an external hard drive, so I will be taking that too...
I also have back up CDs in a fireproof safe just in case)
Oh, I will grab my kids too, but that's a given.
So I apologize for the lack of photos of our fun.
Richard did run several "free" programs that supposedly bring back deleted photos on SD drives.
Nothing worked people.
Don't waste three hours of your afternoon trying.
This is the only photo we were able to salvage.
Lucas keeps telling me he is sorry that I lost my pictures of the strawberry patch. "We can go back and look for them this weekend Mommy!"
(He thinks I literally lost them AT the patch!)
5 comments:
How sweet of Lucas to say that, I love it!
I am sorry you lost all of your photos. I also upload all of mine to Kodakgallery.com just in case my computer crashes or something...that way as long as the site is live I have them forever :)
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you had that happen!
Oh D, I am so sorry this happened.
But the trip made great memories, Love.
Of all the pictures to rescue, that is a beautiful one!! It's you, your sweet little girl, scrumptious strawberries, her adorable dress, and a beautiful day in VA. I'm so sorry you lost your pictures, though I'm so glad you could rescue one, and I'm so glad everyone had such a good time picking the strawberries!
Post a Comment