Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving has kind of snuck-up on me. 
The hours of each day have seemed like an eternity, but somehow, the holiday still seemed to arrive quicker than ever. 

This time last year, I was preparing an entire Thanksgiving dinner for 12 people. 
Something COMPLETELY unheard of where I come from.

I am from a family that does a potluck kind of thing. 

We make a list of necessary Thanksgiving foods. 
We talk it out and get volunteers. 
Everyone brings 2 or 3 dishes.

That did not happen last year when everyone was invited to my house, let me tell you. 

So this year, I am back to participating in the potluck thing. 

I signed up for a pumpkin pie, and rolls and cranberry sauce and green bean casserole and jello salad. 

And I still feel MORE stressed now than I did in prepping and preparing and timing up a dinner last year. 

So I really need to get back to my short list of things. 

And I will leave you with this poem I randomly found online when making Thanksgiving cards.

source: unknown

May your stuffing be tasty

May your turkey plump,

May your potatoes and gravy

Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious

And your pies take the prize,

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs!


Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure everything you made will be wonderful. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tori M.

Foxy Roxy said...

We did Thanksgiving for 10 this year. It was our 4th year hosting. This year was a bit easier because my friend Tammy came over the day before and helped me bake and prep everything.

I hope it all turned out lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails