Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2010 Thanksgiving

We woke up Thanksgiving morning and packed the car for a mini-non-vacation over the holiday. 

We filled the Jeep with suitcases, several pies, green bean casserole and half-baked rolls. 
We dressed in our Thanksgiving best. 
And I was sure to incorporate my stretch pants into my outfit...hello leggings!

We were out the door with plenty of time to spare and were happily on our way. 

We stopped for gas and the Thanksgiving Day newspaper. 
$2 for real copies of the Black Friday ads seemed like a deal to me. 

We drove an hour before we realized we had forgotten Meredith's blanket. 
I know you have no idea how traumatic this would be, but believe me, this was earth shattering news.

There was no way we would survive the next several days without a blanket, and we were too far from home to reasonably justify turning around.

Luckily, K-mart had been on an advertising frenzy and even my child could recite to me,
"K-mart is open on Thanksgiving Day!"

And since we knew this fact to be true, we made another pit-stop to find a replacement blanket. 
To be a major holiday, K-mart was ridiculously busy. 

The most visible sale I found without perusing every aisle included fleece throw blankets for $1.99.
Regardless of that, the number of people there worried me because we intended to go out Friday morning for the sales. 

I did manage to get Meredith her blanket, and we were on our way again. 

A few hours later, the yams were a little too brown and the rolls were a little too gooey, but everything still was amazing.

The meal went down quite easily and was incredible. 
I was forever grateful for my stretchy pants. 

After lunch/dinner and football and sleepily realizing it was earlier than we thought, we started looking through the sale papers. 

I already had a list of things I was planning to buy....mainly revolving around my own selfish interests with technology. 

My camera had called it quits after one HARD year and a half together.
And buying another camera wasn't just the greater good of myself, but also my extended family and friends. 
After all, I can't share our life through words alone!

My husband and I had decided we were in DESPERATE need of a GPS Navigator in our vehicle to save on gas and arguments and undue stress....you get the picture of what that is like....

And so you can see the importance of going shopping to save literally HUNDREDS of dollars for these purchases. 

So believe it or not, I sacrificed my precious beauty sleep to join the ranks of crazies who go out to snag a deal.

The headlines on Saturday read "Shoppers Forego Sleep..." and that is exactly what we did. 
We arrived at 10:30 pm on Thanksgiving Day and returned home at 7:30 am on Black Friday. 

I will spare you the gory details in this post, but we got all of the items on our list, and I was super excited that things went so smoothly. 

And I will assure you that I was THE only one shopping at 4 am with a sweater dress, cowboy boots and stretchy pants leggings, for which I am forever grateful. 

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your own family!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I am glad you had a happy Thanksgiving filled with yummy food and family.

It sounds like you were the cutest dressed person out at 4 a.m.!

Anonymous said...

You are much braver than I am. Glad everything went smoothly on black Friday! I bet you would have won the best dressed award too. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails