I have been trying out new recipes at least once a week. They are hit or miss. Tonight was a BIG hit. It was so yummy, I am still thinking about it now and wanted to share with you.
I found it in a Southern Living magazine and have been waiting for the day to actually make it. I had pecans finally from the muffins, so it was the perfect time!
Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
16 saltine crackers, finely crushed
1/4 cup pecans, ground
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 egg
vegetable cooking spray
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole-wheat since it was in the front of the cabinet)
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders (I used 8 frozen ones, and it worked perfectly! I had just enough without wasting)
Preheat oven to 425*
Stir together crackers, pecans, and seasonings. Whisk egg in a separate bowl. Place flour in a separate dish. Place wire rack coated with cooking spray on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg; coat with saltine mixture. Spray with cooking spray before placing on wire rack.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, turning once after 12 minutes.
This was soooo good. I totally forgot to spray the rack with cooking spray and some of the little tenders were naked on one side (I didn't bother turning the chicken).
Definately try this one!
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment