To finish Lucas' bed, we needed to make the headboard.
We used this plan from Ana's site.
I lobbied to use pine, but after pricing the woods, Richard decided whiteboard was the way to go.
We went on a day that Lucas was in preschool-- the smartest thing we did since yesterday!
Selecting wood with only one child is WAY easier and less time consuming!
Again, we had the wood cut at the store to save us the hassle at home.
Would you believe I lost misplaced the reciept for the wood??
So don't hold me to it, but the total cost was around $35 dollars.
The headboard came together quickly.
There were angled boards that were supposed to mimick the look of a barn door....
These boards were not cut correctly and were not long enough to angle, so we decided to omit them entirely.
We followed the same plan, of sanding, priming and painting over several days.
Water-based primer - one coat
Valspar's Rich Mahogany - two coats
I polyed it with only one coat.
We let that dry for three days before we moved it upstairs.
Lucas would care less about the headboard.
He still doesn't understand the purpose of one.
But I think it it really finishes off the room.
What do you think??


No comments:
Post a Comment